Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

"ch-ch-ch-ch-changes" david bowie
dear readers
I want to begin by thanking you.  At the end of each day I check the stats of the blog just to see how we’re doing and every day we meet or exceed my expectations.  I can’t believe that after five months I’ve managed to amass over forty posts and as many fans as we have.
Changes are abound for the blog.  First of all you are going to be seeing new contributors.  I began the blog as a way to document my time in Los Angeles and report on the observations, conundrums, frustrations, joys, and liberations of my daily life in both the real world and the digital realm.  It occurred to me some time ago however that being only one man with only my opinions the blog may not be offering up the highest quality experience.  If I was able to have multiple contributors collaborating with me, they would add new experiences and points of view.
The first new contributor will be Jaime Navarro, my wife.  I asked her to write for the blog not because she is my wife but because she is a great writer.  You can currently see her write one to two blogs a week for Fierce Inc. where she tackles topics on business leadership, communication and some other topics I don’t quite understand.
The other big change coming to the blog is going to be a slight name change.  I love secretly, i’m an important man, however that name was fit for just myself and as I add contributors to the blog especially those who are not men it begins to make less sense.  We will now be going by secretly important, which is a little catchier and encompasses anyone who might write for the blog.  The url for the blog has always been www.secretlyimportant.blogspot.com so really the name change is mostly vanity.
Lastly, you may or may not be aware that we also have a facebook fan page which you can find here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Secretly-important/176164499098145.  Or if you are so inclined just click on the little picture of the internaut on the right side of the blog tool bar.  If you have not already done so please like us on facebook.  Why should you do this?  Well, I prefer not to write little newsletters like this directly on the blog and prefer it to be devoted to new content and would like all news or possible events concerning the blog to be displayed on the facebook page.
Thank you all again for your continued support as this blog grows.  I always appreciate your questions, comments, or concerns and if you enjoy a post please don’t be afraid to share and repost it.
Thank you,
brian 
posted by: brian snider

No comments:

Post a Comment